Greenland Group Canada has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer based in our downtown Toronto Office to work closely with the Design team to coordinate and manage the flow of information from consultants to CM and subcontractors. This position will report to Senior Project Manager.
- Prepare design briefs and review the scope of work.
- Review architectural, structural, mechanical and electrical, interior design, ELV, landscape drawings in order to identify and resolve interferences before tender and construction. Identify areas of the Mechanical and Electrical drawings that are missing key fire and life safety items.
- Review Mechanical and Electrical value engineering suggestions and advise on advantages and disadvantages for decision making
- Review consultants reports and RFI sent from CM.
- Coordinate with consultants to produce Site Instructions. Review Mechanical and Electrical Site Instructions to avoid interference that may cause future negative impact to the Project
- Review change orders from trades related to mechanical & electrical assess reasonableness of scope and cost.
- Arrange meetings with consultants and subcontractors in order to clarify and resolve critical construction issues in a timely manner.
- Prepare well-defined and sound technical content for inclusion in key project documents, e.g. tender documentation, engineering designs, feasibility reports or technical specifications.
- Interpret specifications and provide drawings to other parties for clarification.
- Check specifications and drawings relating to Plumbing, Electrical and Fire systems and suggest any comments if necessary.
- Closely monitor the projects with respect to quality, cost and adherence to design, specifications relating to mechanical and electrical activities.
- Responsible for all general mechanical and electrical related works for all projects assigned.
- Ensure correct verification of all bills with respect to quality, quantity and design adherence related to Electrical and Mechanical Systems.
- During construction attend site meetings and review site progress.
- Other duties as required by the senior management.
- Five to seven years’ experience in Residential Design and Construction Industry is a must.
- Experience in projects involving hotel is a plus.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering – P.Eng. or equivalent qualification.
- Excellent understanding of construction drawings, specifications, contract documents and equipment specifications.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical/mechanical and building codes.
- Knowledge of Electrical Low Voltage, Security, networking, Audio/Visual systems is preferred.
- On site knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and Fire Safety Systems.
- Be able to produce HVAC load calculations.
- Be familiar with various HVAC, plumbing systems and develop layout of pipe and duct runs, co-ordination with the structure, electrical and architectural components.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to develop key relationships with team members, sub trades and consultants.
- Strong computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook; AutoCAD).
- Quick learner with a desire to grow professionally and personally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
If you’d like to apply directly for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenland offers competitive salaries, performance bonuses, health, dental, life benefit plans and other benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Greenland Group Canada is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates applying for this role must be legally able to work in Canada for any employer